Live, This Weekend Only! (Continued)

-----Original Appointment-----
From: L***, D***
Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2007 11:23 AM
To: F***, R***
Cc: Z***, B***
Subject: Tentative: Dokken (FREE)
When: Friday, August 03, 2007 8:45 PM to Saturday, August 04, 2007 12:15 AM (GMT-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada).
Where:

A practical concern: Friday's my brother's birthday. There might be some sort of shindig at his place, but I haven't heard a thing yet. If there is, that'd make Dokken a no-go for me.

No less a worry for me is the fear that Dokken will play 15-20 year old power ballads all night. The chicks in skin-tight jeans and black suede shoes that missed the hair band era (those wacky gals might claim otherwise, but Dokken was never metal) would love it, but I might vomit. "Alone Again" all by itself could put me over the edge. That said, I haven't puked on anybody in longer than I remember, so spattering the halter top of a displaced teenage Don Dokken groupie w/a mouthful of beer and partly digested brats does have a certain romantic appeal.

BTW, didn't Randy Rhoades play w/them at some point in his guitar god days? I mostly remember him doing his metal best w/Ozzie, but I seem to recall him doin' a Dokken stint.

_____________________________________________
From: Z***, B***
Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2007 1:36 PM
To: L***, D***
Cc: F***, R***
Subject: RE: Dokken (FREE)

I thought Ingvay (I’m not even going to try to spell that correctly) Malmsteen played with Dokken? Well, whomever they have in the lead guitar slot I’m quite sure they are going to ROCK! That being said, the thought of D*** blowing chow all over some wayward tart, while hilarious, doesn’t exactly sound appealing…

R***, your thoughts?

_____________________________________________
From: F***, R***
Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2007 2:52 PM
To: Z***, B***; L***, D***
Subject: RE: Dokken (FREE)

Gentleman:

Let’s not cry over spilled/spewed beer and brats.

Understandably though, if D*** has a prior engagement, especially one as important as a sibling’s birthday, I cannot expect his attendance. On the other hand, B***, you have no excuse and this sort of opportunity only comes around once in a lifetime (then again I suppose there’s always the chance that we could convince the FDL County Fair to book Dokken next year).

That said, my good friend J*** and I are planning on rocking spandex, tank-tops, headbands, and decades-old hair styles. That might be reason enough to make an appearance.

Just some thoughts,

R***

-----------------------------------------

From: Z***, B***
Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2007 3:45 PM
To: L***, D***
Cc: F***, R***
Subject: RE: Dokken (FREE)


You forgot about the strategically placed rolled up tubesock…

No comments: